Founder & CISO
A refugee from government bureaucracy, Jason brings some serious cybersecurity and crisis management experience along with a passion for data privacy.
Jason spent over fifteen years in special operations intelligence and cyber warfare. He's pretty tight-lipped on the details, but what we do know is he developed curriculum on cyber warfare engineering and literally helped write the book on the international law applicable to cyber operations. For real, you can buy it here.
Jason is the first person you want to call at three in the morning when your IT staff discovers a data breach and the last person you want to call to hear a good pun. Joking aside, we’d say that a battle-tested professional who has seen more malware than an adult website is exactly the person to trust when things start to get out of control.
Equally comfortable sporting a hoodie while crafting a HIPAA compliance strategy with your IT staff as he is donning a suit to testify as an expert witness, you know Jason is always ready to work because no one has ever seen him without his sleeves rolled up.
While he does have a slightly dorky love of compliance, Jason would still prefer to tell you about the latest internet-of-things device he hacked or introduce you to his two adorable puppies. And when he’s not doing that, he apparently goes to school:
- Juris Doctor with Certificate in Cyber Security & Crisis Management, University of Maryland School of Law
- Masters in Electrical & Computer Engineering with Certificate in Cyber Warfare, Naval Postgraduate School
- Bachelors in Political Science, University of Maryland University College
- Associates in Modern Standard Arabic, Defense Language Institute
- Associates in French Language, Defense Language Institute
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)